If you are interested in living in one of our Properties for Family Living, applications are available at all 6 family housing locations throughout the city of Monroe and at the MHA Annex Building, 210 Harrison Street, Monroe, LA. If you are out of town; or unable to come into the office to complete an application, please contact MHA at 318-388-1500 to have one mailed to you. Applications will only be accepted by mail or in person.
Please include the following information with your application for Family Housing:
- Application must be completed and signed by all household members age 18 and older
- Birth Certificates must be provided for all household members
- Social Security Cards must be provided for all household members
- Picture I.D. must be provided for all household members age 18 and older
- Verification of any housing priority you may qualify for must be provided
- Proof of income for all household members (if employed we will need the last four (4) most recent check stubs)
Housing priorities are as follows:
- The urgency of housing needs is due to: floods, fire, natural disaster, etc.
- Families displaced by government action
- Applicant is a veteran or spouse of a veteran
- Applicant is a victim of domestic abuse